View the job posting below or on Port Triton!
The Career Center, Student Employment Office is seeking a highly motivated student to help maintain our Triton Worker Community for student employees on-campus. We provide Student Workers with helpful hints and tips on being successful in their on campus job; information on trends in various industries; hot jobs/hot companies and how to stay connected with the Center.
This Community was launched in Fall 2015 and we are excited to continue and grow the brand. We’re looking for a student who is excited to be a team member within the Career Center and the Student Employment Office.
- Create, design, and manage a monthly newsletter for mass mailing.
- This includes but is not limited to: brainstorming ideas, researching topics, writing articles, conducting outreach to students, departments, alumni, and employers, interviewing people in person and online, editing interviews and articles, curating a list of those who want to receive the newsletter and those who are working on campus, and assembling all newsletter content and pictures to be sent for review.
- Research and prepare content for mass mailing.
- Manage and engage community needs through updating social media platforms. Research new social media content as needed.
- Update and research new content for the Student Employment Office website and blog, using CMS and WordPress respectively.
- Create fun ideas to keep students engaged in our Triton Worker community.
- Provide input and feedback on the effectiveness of the community.
- Keep up to date and educated on Student Employment policies, career resources, and best practices in order to answer students’ questions and prepare media content.
- Create and design marketing materials as needed such as online graphics, flyers and handouts.
- Support administrative functions for the Off-Campus Work-Study Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Must pay close attention to detail; work well with others; has the ability to be a self starter and ban an active participant in a busy Human Resources office.
• Must pay UC San Diego student services fees each quarter working
• Work-study is strongly preferred
• Background in multi-media and design
• Creativity/Flair for good visual presentation
• Knowledge of CMS and WordPress