You hear it all the time: Networking will help you get a job in the future! But are you unsure about how to begin networking or where to look for opportunities? The Alumni Advisor Network is a great place to start! The Alumni Advisor Network helps connect UCSD students with alumni in their field. Here, you can network with professionals, have actual company insiders critique your resume or cover letter, and practice your big interview with industry insiders who can tell you how to land the job.
Top Five Networking Tips:
- Create a professional LinkedIn Profile and make sure it is up to date.
- Make sure your social media profiles do not contain any inappropriate pictures, language, or tags!
- Connect on LinkedIn with those you know from administrators on campus, past employers, professors, or friends and family.
- Take full advantage of your professors and instructors who are industry professionals and have worked many years in their field! Use the Dine With a Professor Program.
- Have an informational interview with someone who is working in your field of interest.